Strength and Balance 1 Day Workshop for Isles of Scilly Ageing Greatly Program
We know the importance of keeping as well as possible and that includes daily activity. Carers and Health Care Workers, are the secret weapon. Ageing Greatly, an innovative way to work with anyone who is connected with the ageing population on The Isles of Scilly.
COVID-19 has changed all our lives. We know the importance of keeping as well as possible and that includes daily activity. We need to add more movement snacks into daily living and you, as carers, are the secret weapon.
At the end of this course you should be better able to:
- Develop your knowledge and practical skills regarding moving and exercising clients who may have a range of medical conditions. (This course is the beginning of a wider journey of on-going learning)
- Have an understanding of how strength and balance exercises can help your people to stay as strong as possible for them.
- Develop your ability to deliver safe and effective movements with your cared for.
- Increase your understanding around health conditions.
- Have an improved understanding of human behaviour.
- Have an increased awareness of behaviour and barriers.
- Be empowered and have fun with clients with under pinning knowledge of strength and balance techniques.
The Isles of Scilly and Ageing Greatly
Ageing Greatly, an innovative way to work anyone who is connected with the ageing population on The Isles of Scilly.
The vision is to work together so our older people (50 and beyond!) are cared for in the best possible way on the Islands. That our workforce is supported as they age.
Short term – Train and support front facing workforce everywhere Medium Term – Cascade knowledge to the population on the island Long Term – One Team on a journey towards the One Site Project. Being Bold, doing things differently and together.